Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Friday, April 08, 2005

Tips on Keeping Track of Your Quilt Fabric




I scan my fabric on my computer scanner. Your fabric can be arranged by color families, project, or group purchase (with place indicated on the back, after the print is made), whatever works for you. I've found this method comes out better than photographing it. I crop, color correct, and save it to disk. I then take the disk to a Kodak machine that will further let me color restore it and make a real quality print, better than my printer. (Note – Not all machines let you make adjustments to your photos.) Yes, I could just cut swatches and glue them to a file card but I like this better.

I put all my photos in a small album that I can keep in my purse. You can also put pictures of quilts you want to make or have made in here too, to reference. You can also add cards of quantities of fabric you have or a project requires, colors of thread in your stock, or any notions you need or have.

Will this idea work for some other craft, hobby, or collecting that you do? Let me know or post it in the comments area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.