Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Friday, April 01, 2005

15 Minutes of Fame

Many of you have heard of the late artist Andy Warhol’s saying that everyone sometime during their life will have their “15 Minutes of Fame”. Mine was 35 years ago when I was a senior in high school. You see during those melancholy years of teenage angst I had given my English teacher some poems I had written. She liked them and I thought that was the end of that. At the end of the year there was the Senior Awards Assembly. As the announcement was made for the Norman Stateman Poetry Award, all eyes, including mine, turned to this girl who was known for writing poetry. Only her name wasn’t announced, mine was. I was in shock. There was a bit of a buzz and I was asked to read a poem or two in class, but being too shy and self conscious I declined.

Well, fast forward, and now Barbara has honored me for my second chance for my “15 minutes of fame”. I guess the moral of the story is that when your 15 minutes come, grab ‘em, bask in them, and enjoy because you never know if (or when) you’ll get the chance again.

So thanks Barbara for the opportunity. I’ll try to do you proud!


Copyright © 2005 Deborah Sharp Loeb

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi debbie,
looking forward to reading some of your poems!!
laurie
would you believe idon't even know what a blogger is exactly. maybe you could write something about that! it sure is a funny word.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.