Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

PB and J - Twisted

No, not "twisted", I just wanted to get your attention. What we're really talking about here is grilled.I know it may sound gross, but it's really good. If you looked at the menu for the Circus Drive-In, it's there in the kid's menu. One of the few places I've ever seen it. It's one of my all time favorites, although I haven't tried it here, Grilled PB and J. Yes, that's right. Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly. My version - Grape Jelly and Reduced Fat, Super Chunk Skippy, good bread, fresh rye is really good and please grill it! That doesn't mean toast it. It means melt the butter in a pan and brown it on both sides. You can put a pot on it and squish it down a little too.
Oh...and...pleeze...don't email about it not being healthy...if you're looking for healthy, chances are you're not going to find it here!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had this (these) yesterday, my husband and I. It was one of those
things that sounded so dreadful I just had to try it. (Like the
peanut-butter and dill pickle sandwiches someone told me about a long
time ago--yummy and addictive). The grilled part sounded great, but not
the rye bread. Everyone knows rye bread is for savory items, not sweet
ones. Surprise--it, too was luscious. Thanks ever so much (sarcasm) for
adding to my list of over-fattening foods!

Nancy

12:31 PM  
Blogger DSL said...

Suprising isn't it, what can sound so awful can taste so good. I understand what you are saying about the rye bread, but did you ever crave salty after having something sweet? I remember when I was little places that served ice cream would often have pretzel logs in a glass canisters on the counter. So, it's just kinda putting the two together.

1:00 PM  
Blogger DSL said...

I see Mc Donald's has a large ad in the window for a McGriddle breakfast sandwich. Under the picture it says, "I'm Sweet" "I'm Savory"

10:11 PM  
Blogger DSL said...

Another reader sent along the following comment:
I thought my friend Mark and I invented this when we were cooks at a kids camp a zillion years ago. The menu said grilled cheese but the government surplus didn't come in or something and so...it was grilled PB and J for the camp. Many raised eyebrows but many filled bellies resulted. It was a hit and was asked for repeatedly. I'm glad to find another who appreciates this delicacy!
Vonnie Davies

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.