Thursday, September 29, 2011
"We are building a user-friendly educational ecosystem that will give internet users around the world the ability to easily find, interact with, and learn from full video courses and lectures from the world’s leading scholars. Our goal is to bring the best content together in one place and create an environment in which that content is remarkably easy to use and where user contributions make existing content increasingly valuable."
Check it out:
Labels: Academic Earth
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
A Way To Sharpen A Knife
Check out the How To Video Here:
Labels: A Way To Sharpen A Knife
Thursday, September 22, 2011
What can you do with Quizlet?
Make or Find Flashcards
Create flashcard sets with your own terms and definitions
Or choose from millions of flashcard sets created by other users
Use Powerful Study Tools
Flashcard Mode lets you familiarize yourself with the material.
Speller Mode uses audio to have you type what you hear.
Learn Mode is the most powerful study mode, keeping track of your scores, and retesting incorrect answers.
Test Mode generates customizable tests with short-answer, matching, multiple choice and true/false options.
Share & Study with Your Friends
Create a group to share or discuss flashcards with your friends or classmates.
Edit and improve sets created by other group members.
Play Competitive Study Games
Scatter is a fun matching game which lets you drag and drop questions and answers with your mouse while racing against the clock.
Space Race is the ultimate video game study simulation. Racing the clock, you type in answers to questions flying overhead before they evade your grasp.
Study on the Go
Never leave home without Quizlet!
Choose from over 50 mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android.
Use Quizlet in the Classroom
Teachers, give your students a free study tool that's both powerful and fun.
Host a group where your students can create and discuss study materials for your class.
Check it out here: http://quizlet.com/
Monday, September 19, 2011
Pennsylvania Quilt Show 2011
Labels: Pennsylvania Quilt Show 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Pictures To Go With eMo
Click on link to see addition to old posting:
Labels: A Hero's Welcome
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Hot Sand Glass Studio
Blow a Bubble, Drinking Glass, Ornament, Heart,
Apple, Pumpkin, Paperweight
Make a Quick Cast of your design in molten glass
Design a Sun Tile by Arranging pre-cut glass pieces
in your unique composition
Immortalized in the lyrics of Bruce Springsteen's 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy).
Labels: Hot Sand Glass Studio
Sunday, September 11, 2011
A Prayer For 9/11 Survivors
Labels: 9/11 video prayer
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Quilts for the Twins
Labels: Quilts for the Twins
Monday, September 05, 2011
Where Children Sleep
Labels: Where Children Sleep
Friday, September 02, 2011
Observations On Living Without Electric For 5 Days
• You note how busy the breakfast trade is at the local Wawa - is directionally proportionate to those who still don’t have electric
• You begin to develop night vision
• That garden solar rock light makes a swell reading lamp
• The tea lights last long enough until you decide you may as well pack it in and just go to bed
• You finally give up and throw away the food in the fridge and freezer and in doing so find stuff you never even knew was in there
• You buy that small overpriced container of milk because it’s easier to keep chilled with that bag of ice you’re going to have to replace the next day anyway
• After having dinner at Chick-fil-A you order 2 chicken salad sandwiches to go with ice and they say no problem
• You have electric toothbrush power until the last person has brushed their teeth on the morning of day 5
• At least you’re finally saving some money from that huge electric bill from the AC being on all summer
• The laundry is piling up to the point where you’re actually considering breaking down and going to the Laundromat
• You think if you wash all the dishes in the dishwasher by hand that that will make the power magically come back on
• You ride with the sunroof open to dry your hair
• You run the car just to charge your cell phone
• You’re wondering why the Optimum guy is sitting in his truck with a generator chained to the pole with the cord running up it, when no one has electric
• . . . . even the dog is bored . . . . .