Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Friday, January 04, 2008

Please Excuse This Commercial Interruption

Since it’s the beginning of the New Year, just like the diet commercials, I want to put in my plug. It's for “Pennies from Heaven”. “What’s that?” you say. Oh, just a little something I came up with awhile back. You can go to the Homepage of the geraniumfarm.org and read all about it. We’re not asking for big bucks here. Just pennies! It takes me about 3 or 4 months to fill my Pringles can with what adds up to $13. Now I just took my filled can yesterday to my local Commerce Bank where they have their nifty machine that anyone can use and dumped in my change. (You can win a little prize if you guess close to the amount.)* This last time I saved not only pennies but nickels as well, just for the heck of it. I had an even $20+! Now I’ll send off my check to ERD – Episcopal Relief and Development, (where you can choose how you want your donation to be used) being sure to write “Pennies from Heaven” in the memo.

*P.S. – I had guessed $15 but the girl that had come over to the machine to ask if I needed any assistance told me to take one of the red plastic “C” banks they had right there. I imagine they’re really there for the kids, but hey, I’m a kid at heart! [. . . and if anyone out there gets one of these filled with pennies email me and let me know how much it holds. :)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.