Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Gym or Spa?

I see by the counter there on the bottom that a number of you checked in on Hodgepodge yesterday. I thought you’d all be out either returning items or buying up the markdowns! I myself waited my way through the traffic past the local mall to get to the gym. Gym you say? Yes, I confess, I finally joined a gym. Actually I’ve been going since it opened back in the beginning of November. My husband Paul, joined one too, a different one, closer to the house. He’s in and out in under an hour. Not me, my gym is associated with the local hospital. In addition to all the machines and all sorts of classes it has all the extras, a Junior Olympic lap pool, a warm water therapeutic pool, a huge hot tub, and sauna & steam rooms in the locker room. After the first couple of times I went he said, “What do you do there? You’re there for hours!” I said, “I know, I love it. It’s like a day at the spa!” I stretch out, go on the treadmill, do my machines, then I go and change into my bathing suit, a little steam/sauna, rinse off, and head to the warm water pool and do some laps with or without a noodle and then go in the hot tub. Yesterday I got there around 1 pm and didn’t come home until about 4. He didn’t say anything. After all the hubbub of Christmas, and having been sick the week before with I guess a 24 hour thing and a sinus infection, I just needed to have a nice long relaxing spa day. Yep, that’s how I think of it. Not going to the grueling gym, but I pop on my headphones on with my MP3 player to side track me while I do the machines, and then when I'm done I can head for my "spa" reward.

(We have a lot of gyms in our area. My son Brian, belongs to yet another one. If you've thought about joining a gym but weren't sure check out the different ones where you live. We each belong to a different one that fits our needs! Maybe you can find your perfect fit too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.