Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Musings for Toddler Moms

Barbara Crafton received the following email and passed it on to me. With Sarah's permission I'm posting it and requesting a response from other moms for Sarah. Also, I'd love for you to share your special moments with your child.

Dear Barbara,
I am a new subscriber to the Geranium Farm's eMos and I have enjoyed them so much... each day I look forward to seeing if there is a new one waiting for me! I am writing to ask you if anyone at the Geranium Farm writes a similar meditation for mothers of toddlers?

I am a mother of one 23-month old boy. As I'm sure you know, the days fly
quickly by. My mind is cluttered with so many things - (did I email that
file for the project at work? Is there a clean sippy cup in the car? Oh
gosh, I forgot to take the chicken out to thaw, whatever will I make for
dinner?) - and it is hard to find that still and quiet place to listen for
God's voice.

And yet, there are moments... last night, for instance, my son was
fighting a cold. He cried out to us from his crib, and I went in to soothe
him. I picked him up and lay down on his love seat with him snuggled
against my chest. As I lay there holding him in the dark, listening to the
faint sounds of my husband in the kitchen, and nuzzling his sweet-smelling baby hair as his breathing slowed and he drifted off to sleep, I thought,
"Yes, this is holy, this is sacred, this is grace."

I want more moments like that. I'm looking for meditations which will
help me to find them. Do you know of any?

Blessings to you, and thank you,
-Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.