Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home at Last!

I got home on Tuesday and have been resting quite a bit. I had the cardiac catheterization on Monday which didn't totally go without a hitch as I woke up at 4am with my stomach hurting pre-op. When I opened my eyes the room was spinning and then you kinda know what follows! I was given a shot in the arm to calm my stomach. By the time morning rolled around my stomach was still feeling queasy and I was given IV meds to again settle it. My 10am slot was pushed to 4pm. I was allowed some ice chips and few crackers and that was it!
The procedure went well. I didn't need any stents. Still no blocked arteries and had even a lessening of any plaque that I had from the first time. My heart muscle is stronger than before - up 60% from 50%. The doc said what I have is called syndrome x.

Here's one article I found about it:
http://www.texasheartinstitute.org/HIC/Topics/Cond/CardiacSyndromeX.cfm

I have some changes in medication, no exercise for 2 weeks, and then will go back to cardiac rehab with all the oldsters! Meanwhile, I lost quite a bit of weight from Italy, the hospital, and even the trip to California but I don't think this was in such a good way but hopefully it will stay off and I'll just continue to lose with rehab and then be able to finally go back to the gym, which has been on hold all this time.
I am also going to be following up with my gastroenterologist as the pain I may have been experiencing could have been something gastro- say acid reflux. You see I had stress induced pain with the exertion of walking in the heat in Italy which I knew had to be checked out. I also had a different type of pain when I got off the plane and when I was at the hospital, but the heart had to be checked out first. My stomach was also taken into consideration and I was given meds for that too. The other pain felt kinda as if I had swallowed a piece of crusty bread and I could feel it scraping going down only the pain wasn't in my throat but in my chest. Anyway, I'll have it checked out too. So . . . that's the long and short of it. Now I know better what I have and how to deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.