Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What Makes Geranium Farmers Happy (Part 2)

From the Luncheon Contributors

1. Painting a mural-exciting & sometimes scary.
2. Watching children at play.
3. Worship-taking Eucharist
4. Family camping & backpack trips
5. My husband getting me coffee in bed every morning . . . love of my life after 30 years.
6. A new beginning in the Diocese in San Joaquin!
Thanks to you! Allison K. Visalia, CA

*
Things that make me happy . . .
the smile of my son Jesse.
a giant bear hug from Tobin
a phone call from my mother
the wind in my hair
the weather in Anaheim in July
Lisa Martin Austin, Texas

*
The sun sun shining on me when I'm sitting on the beach listening to the waves
but hearing the voice of God. - Diane

*
Being with my ECW friends
Taking my grandchildren to the park.
Jollie Evertt

*
Watching the great blue heron sail in to land on the rock in the center of the lake
simply being able to walk without pain

*
sitting on the beach reading a book and listening to the ocean

*
The waters of the Gulf . warm and inviting

*
A good book on a rainy afternoon.
walks on the beach
silence
Long talks with my sons
Barbara

*
What makes me happy (in no particular order)
- hummingbirds in the backyard
- the scent of the breaded iris that came from my mother's garden
- an evening with friends enjoying conversation, good food, and wine
- a good massage
- curling up before a roaring fire with a good book
- Vaughn Williams A Lark Ascending
- My beautiful daughter and loving son
- my husband's laugh - and when he calls me "sweetie"
- the stars over a mountain lake

*
Road Trips

*
Family
ECW Friends
Church Friends
Grandchildren

*
Taking communion to shut-ins
Holding great grand babies
Being called GreatPumma by Brenden, my great-grandson
My neighbors cat who thinks he has 2 homes (mothers)

*
The first snow of winter. Sally Graver

*
Getting hugs from my grandchildren
Walking in the rain when I have no prescribed destination

*
having a slumber party with my grown daughter
mixing dough forbouloudia with my grandmother
hot bubble bath
reading in bed during a thunderstorm

*
chocolate
The sounds of laughter
dancing through the air like butterflies and hummingbirds.
Bonita Gibson

*
Watching my roses bloom makes me happy

*
Happiness-

- The first mouthful of coffee in the morning.
What makes me the happiest:
to see someone living with his or her passion that the Spirit planted in them.

*
A hug from my grandson Tanner makes me very happy.
Listening to good music especially hymns.
Chocolate

Watching lightening storms over the ocean-from a safe place. Ellen

*
1. Seeing people I love smile
2. Laughing until your stomach hurts
3. ice cream on a hot summer day
4. witnessing people who are hungry or sick be fed or healed
5. learning something new
6. The pink sky at dusk
7. The sun shining on my face
8. A bright full moon
9. Dancing at midnight with the one I love most
10. Walking on the beach on a cool night/evening while the wake wets my feet
11. seeing people realize/achieve their dreams
12. seeing beauty in everyone/thing all God's creation

*
Things that make me happy . . .
- The few times of the years the whole extended family can be together
- Having a simple flower arrangement turn to be an "ooh-aah" decoration

*
Beautiful sunsets
Red wine
Dark Chocolate

*
1. Making omelets to order after church on Sunday
2. Sunset on Lake Michigan
3. A Bach Brandenburg Concerto on a Sunday afternoon

*
Waking up early in the morning - watching sunrise - the birds beginning to chirp - and going in to wait for Tom to come downstairs so we can begin another day.

*
Spending time with my wife
traveling and seeing God's creation
Enjoying my day

*
I find my deepest joy in visiting with my grown children and in pounding nails into the home our parish is building with Habitat for Humanity.

*
When I was a little girl- The memory of my grandmother crawling in bed with me in the morning when I spent the night.

* A spa pedicure with lengthy foot massage
sitting outside in the country on a very dark starry night, being overwhelmed by the depth and breadth of the galaxy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.