Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Friday, October 10, 2008

Sometimes You Just Have to Laugh

Tuesday night I was watching the debate and I started to get a ringing in my ear that became increasingly louder, not to mention I couldn't hear out of it. It freaked me out! Wednesday morning I called to get a doctor's appointment and they said all they had was a 2:45 opening. I said I'd take it. Now this meant taking David out of his day program a bit early as Paul wasn't able to pick him up on his way home from work that day. It was OK though because I figured at least that way could kill two birds with one stone* and get David his flu shot. (I just wanted to get that out of the way anyway after last year's fiasco.
See Hodgepodge "All in a Day..." from Tuesday, October 30, 2007 and follow-up to it: "Out of the Bad, Comes Something Good" from Friday, March 07, 2008 postings.)

In a short time every chair in the waiting room was taken and it was SRO for any new arrivals. Soon everyone was looking at each other and smiling. I joked aloud that it was like a black hole in space because it seemed that people would go in, but not so many were coming out. One young man whose appointment was scheduled for 2:15 with the same doctor I was to be seeing had already been waiting for an hour and a half. Another elderly man had been waiting for his wife since 1:30! She was to have some tests and the equipment broke down and it took time before it was all up and running again. I did see an old friend and we were able to catch-up on the latest family news. Finally they called David in for his shot and I said, "Can I just get one too?" They said, "Sure". It was 4:30 by the time we left. I was commiserating with this one man in the parking lot who had been standing in the waiting room. "Ya know . . .I really can't complain though" I said for a $10 co-pay we both got flu shots, the prescriptions I needed for my sinuses, and two others." (and the 2 I filled were only $6)
So . . . sometimes ya just gotta laugh!

* (or much better) as suggested by Liz S. - "feed two birds with one seed" and then she adds . . . "Maybe even better would be "with one suet ball"! " Well, that'll feed a flock of birds! I like them both! Two little birds - one big seed - doable! Hee-hee : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.