Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update on the Wedding License

Some of you may remember a story from last April about me renewing my driver's license and the problems I had when I couldn't find my official wedding license to use as a proof for the renewal. See:
http://geraniumfarmhodgepodge.blogspot.com/search?q=driver%E2%80%99s+license+

Well, as they say, the story doesn't end there. When we last left off I was to pick up the license from the other town where it was to be properly re-registered. I let, I thought a considerable amount of time pass, and then stopped by one day when I was in the area. Nope, they didn't have it. They in turn had to send the paperwork they had received into the state for it to be properly filed there, and hadn't gotten anything back yet. I was told don't bother to come back we'll just call you when it comes in. So . . . I had forgotten all about it until just a couple of weeks ago. I figured they'd have to have gotten it in by now and they just didn't remember to call. Again, I stopped by to inquire. They looked through all their record books . . . nothing. It isn't there! I'm given a paper with the number I need to call the state office to see what they have on file and if the change had been recorded. Oh great, I think as I leave, paper in hand, fat chance I have getting anywhere calling a state office! I go home, make my call, get an actually person to talk to but they can't find the information and transfer me to another line where I get a voice mail and I leave a message. The next day I get a message of a person to call. I call back and miss them and leave another message. Then I get a call back and I said I was so happy to actually get to speak to someone. I explain the whole situation to her and she then tells me the person that would have taken care of this is on maternity leave. "I'll check through her records and call you back." A short time passes and she says she found the information, she'll send it out, and to wait a week and then stop by the local office to pick up the license. I call the local office and tell them it has been straighted out, they'll receive the papers shortly, and I'll be by to pick them up. They should have been there before a Friday, but I wait until Monday. I go to the office expecting to leave with papers in hand . . . yea right. Nope . . .the paper they got was just a paper the state sent that said the records had just been re-registered. I said I couldn't believe that I had started out almost a year ago and this still wasn't done. The lady took down my address and said, "Look, I'm not going to charge you. I'll just put it in the mail when I get it." Lo and behold, February 15th, we get an envelope with three pieces of paper. The top sheet says in big letters, "Happy Valentine's Day - Sorry it took so long." Underneath, two copies of our wedding license. Well, nice to know that after thiry years, it's official!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.