Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Saw Doctors

Wednesday night I attended my first Saw Doctors concert with my concert going buddy Diane and her husband Doug. Yeah, this is one band that Doug will go see. Actually they've been big fans for a long time and after Diane gave me a CD to listen to, I just had to go see them also. It had to be one of the hottest days of the year and even with the AC cranked up in the old Surf Club, by the time the crowd filled in and started singing with the band it was much hotter! You couldn't help but be pulled into the excitement of the crowd though. Oh, and of course we were right in front of the stage. Next time ear plugs! It took hours to regain my hearing. It was well after 2am before I got home, took a shower (had to), and headed off to bed totally wiped out!
Now if your wondering what kind of music they play, it's Irish rock. Their website is: http://www.sawdoctors.com
Go to www.amazon.com to give a listen.
One more thing, at the end of the concert, my ever wacky friend Diane, wrote a note saying she'd pay $20 for the lead singer's towel. He read the note, said he wouldn't take the money, and gave her the towel.

I didn't take my camera as the flash isn't working but I did give my email address to a girl who was, and if she does get some pictures to me I'll post some here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.