Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Friday, April 29, 2005

David and Donny 3 - (The Meeting)



Time passes and I see an ad in the paper that Donny is going to be at a Costco near us to do a signing for a new CD and a DVD he did a song on. Naturally I have to take David. Before we can even get out the door he’s starting to gather up his Donny things.
David and I join the line with all the ladies there to see Donny. Of course while we’re waiting I get to talking to everyone standing by us in line and I tell them about David giving Donny the card at the concert and how everyone was so thrilled for him.
Later my dad and brother get there so he can take pictures for me. When it’s finally our turn I say to Donny, “This isn’t for me. This is for David. It’s all about David.” I tell him that David has watched the “Joseph” DVD so many times that we had to buy another one. I said, “I don’t know whether you remember or not but David handed you a card on stage during a concert at _______.” He said, “I remember. I remember him.” He autographs his things (Now I had managed to hide away some of the stuff David had grabbed up as you were understandably, were only supposed to get the CD and DVD autographed.) and I explain someone got us the “Joseph” photo and sent it to us. David has some character watch on and he shows it to him and he says he likes that one too. His assistant tells me to stand to the other side for a picture and after a couple of pictures Donny goes to shake David’s hand and give him a hug and I’m pretty sure David gave him a very hard hug, ‘cause that’s how David will hug you. Then just as they break away David gives Donny a kiss on the cheek…twice! The picture was taken just a second afterwards. I just love the expression on Donny’s face. It’s just priceless! It’s as if to say, “Oh you kid!” Just as we are about to leave I say to Donny, “Thanks so much, you make this kid so happy!” It was all that I could do to get the words out. With that tears well up in my eyes. I look at my brother and dad; they’ve got tears in their eyes, as do a number of other people who have been watching this whole exchange.

Some time passes and I compose myself. I take the Donny and Marie Thermos we got for David off eBay out to show my brother. David sees me and he points back to Donny. Someone sees what’s going on and they tell me to give them. It gets passed back to Donny and he autographs it to David. He is just the nicest guy!

Copyright © 2005 Deborah Sharp Loeb

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love David and Donny stories!

8:25 AM  
Blogger DSL said...

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that. I'm so happy that I'm able to pass the stories on. Everytime I try to tell these stories to someone I end up crying -what makes David happy -makes me happy. Now I can just tell people to read about them here.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.