Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

David and Donny - 2 (Second Concert)



Some months pass and Donny is appearing at a smaller venue not far from us. I, of course, have to take David to see him again. This time David makes a card for him on his computer and he sits through the whole first half of the show holding his card and pointing to Donny, like when can I give this to him. By the time the intermission rolls around, everyone sitting around us knows what’s going on. When the lights go up for intermission, everyone says you get him up there so he can give that card to Donny! I walk David up to the front and there is an extremely nice and understanding security guard by the stage and I explain the situation to him. I have my camera and I explain to him that I’d like to try to get a picture of David as he’s handing his card to Donny, but that David has seizures and has to be closely watched. He says no problem. When the show starts back up he walks David over to the stage and holds him by the waist. At first, Donny is on the other side of the stage. As he comes to our side he sees David with his outstretched hand and reaches down and takes the card, mind you he’s doing a song during this, only David doesn’t take his hand away, so Donny looks puzzled for a second and then he figures he wants a hand shake and does so. Thankfully, David took his hand back and we walk up the aisle to our seats. Now for the best part, people are smiling, applauding, and giving us thumbs up! They all “got” it! They knew how much it meant to this kid. After the show people came up to me and said how cool the whole thing was and several had tears in their eyes. I just tear up every time I think about it!

The part I didn’t tell you yet, was that while we were waiting for David to give his card to Donny, a young lady comes up to me and gives me her card and tells me to email her when I get home. It turns out that her name is Tracey and she is a part of astarfordonny.com and she wants to send me something for David. She sent David a Donny sweatshirt and an autographed book. Another time she got a picture of Donny dressed as Joseph, and she also had another fan send me some pictures she had of Donny for David. Donny has really nice people as fans!

Copyright © 2005 Deborah Sharp Loeb

Labels:



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.