Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Monday, February 02, 2009

Chocolate Mug Cake


I made this last night and as the pictures show you must have a really large mug as you can see it came right up to the top edge during cooking. I found it to be spongy and a bit rubbery perhaps because I used an extra large egg(?). I didn't have chocolate chips which would have helped give it a stronger chocolate taste I would think and it wasn't sweet enough for me. It is somewhat like the Betty Crocker Warm Delights but a lot cheaper to make.

(This came by way of HP reader Pam and my brother, both of whom had it passed on to them.)

See take Two on Thursday, 2/5/09
Comment from HP reader: "Oh yes! I have been making this cake for a year or so. Because I have NO discipline and ate the whole thing I decided to make it in two smaller cups. Then I micro only 2 1/2 minutes. I save the second and don't feel quite as sinful! I like the texture and yes, the bits are nice. I have used both peanut butter or butterscotch. I think the mint flavored chips would be good too. "
- Jody M.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.