Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Friday, February 09, 2007

When You Most Need It To Go Right . . .

Why, is it when you most need it to go right, it goes wrong? Yesterday I really needed for David to get to his day program. I had to get to Costco to buy large quantities of hamburger to make the meatballs for this Saturday's Spaghetti and Meatball Dinner and Sock Hop at St. Luke's. The initial sign-up was 70 that went to 90, then 100 and last count was 120!
Well, just as we are going to get coats on to head out the door David trips forward hits his face on some shelves. His nose is bleeding as well as his mouth. He got some cuts in his upper lip and broke off part of a front tooth, which of course I couldn't find. It was OK though because it was one he had broken off before so it was just bonding. So, I call his day program to let them know what's happened and we head off to the dentist.
By the time we get out of the dentist we need to get some lunch. We're right near David's barber and he's way over due for a haircut, so we do that too. After that we head off to Costco. I get 8 packages of meat (about 5 1/2 lbs. each) and eggs. We go home and I'm able to get 2 packages made into meatballs. I then have to head off to go to Restaurant Depot with Nancy to pick up some other supplies we'll be needing.
I get home around 7pm, warm up a slice a pizza for dinner, and start making meatballs again. I get 4 packages done and it's 11pm. I clean up the kitchen, finally get to the computer for a quick check of emails, and then off to bed.
So . . . that's why I never got around to posting anything yesterday!

This morning I got David off to his program, came home, made the last 2 packages up into meatballs, and now I'm headed off to the church kitchen with my 400 or so meatballs! Yeah, we could have gotten the frozen, rubbery, pre-made ones, but do you really want to eat those?
I'll let you know next week how it all went.

(Oh, and to top it all off, yesterday after I took David to the dentist and was getting him into the car, the alarm which was disengaged over 10 years ago and I no longer have a clicker for, goes off! Thankfully it stopped on its own and the car started.)
Copyright © 2007 Deborah Sharp Loeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.