Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Matt and the Orange Juice

I was in the grocery store last night and saw a boy getting a carton of orange juice from the refrigerated section and bring it to his father. It made me remember the time I was visiting my childhood friend Carol some years ago when her son Matt was much younger. He was getting ready to go to his Grandma Sal's down the road for a sleep over. My image is of him standing there with his pillow and such tucked under his arm with toothbrush in hand and in the other hand he's holding a small wire strainer. I turn to Carol and ask: "What's with the strainer?" She replies, "Well, my mom has the O.J. with the pulp and Matt doesn't like that kind. So when he goes over there he takes the strainer to take it out." Cracked me up. I wish I had taken a picture. Oh, and the carton of juice the boy had taken, "No Pulp"!

So now whenever I see of orange juice I think of Matt and his little strainer.....

Copyright © 2007 Deborah Sharp Loeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.