Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Memories in Black and White



(4 generations-my great-grandmother,grandmother,mom,and me)

This summer my cousin showed me some pictures of my mother that I had never seen before. My mother was born in 1920 and she was just a baby in some and a very little girl in others. Yet it was still possible to easily distinguish each one of the four sisters in these old photos even as mere babes. (There were 4 girls and 4 boys.)
How well I remember my grandmother with her box camera taking pictures. Unusual it was because you had to hold it at your waist, look straight down into it, and if I remember correctly, your subject was upside down. I think it was pretty remarkable the way she took all those pictures considering times were hard. Still she photographed and kept scrapbooks, gluing in cards, announcements, and newspaper articles. All this long before it was the crafty thing to do.
Now you could probably take your digital camera and process your pictures as black and white but somehow I don't think it's the same. So since many of you I'm sure have abandoned your 35mm cameras for the digital age, pick it back up, put some black and white film in it and photograph without color, the ones you love. I think you'll be amazed.

Copyright © 2005 Deborah Sharp Loeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.