Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

Hodgepodge from The Geranium Farm

Debbie Sharp Loeb, teacher by training but full-time mom to a disabled son, craftsperson, bead artist, great cook, creative homemaker & terrific spotter of cool new products for everything under the sun, presents Hodgepodge: recipes, household hints, stories about children, friends & relatives, cool stuff, music, & much more.
Email: debbie@geraniumfarm.org

Subscribe for HP via email

Search Hodgepodge...
Loading

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another Trip to the DMV (NJDMV-Phone Numbers)

I made a stop by the NJDMV to try to replace the hanging handicapped placard we have for David as a piece from the bottom snapped off today and part of the hook it hangs by had long ago broken off too. I was given a form to fill out and had started to do so when I realized the Handicapped ID I had for him was outdated. I told the young lady at the information desk, explaining who it was for, and asked what did I now need to do. She asked if I had Power of Attorney, that I would need to write a letter with it saying I lost (which I hadn't) the ID, and have it notarized. I said I was sure at some point over the years we had gotten a form, filled it out, returned it, saying we were still in need of the handicapped parking permit, but we never received a new ID. So . . . because of this, I 'll have to do this extra running around. Then when I got home I realized I had left the partiality filled out form on a counter that had my name and driver's license number on it. Yikes! I didn't want that info sitting there. I went to try to find a number to call them which I couldn't find. I finally found a website that said they are unpublished but had a listing of them for the whole state of NJ. So I called them up and the person at the info desk said she'd rip it up. Anyway . . . for those of you that live in NJ and need a phone number for your local DMV, go to:
http://www.shewi.com/archive/njdmv.htm

Update - I returned to the DMV a day or two later with my necessary paperwork and was on my way in a short time!

Copyright © 2007 Deborah Sharp Loeb

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried the Edison number about 2:15 this afternoon (a Wednesday) and there was NO answer. It rang and rang and rang. It's either no longer their number, or they just won't answer.

Not really anonymous Nancy.

2:17 PM  
Blogger DSL said...

Thank you Nancy. It is an old list so some could be outdated. I was lucky the one I needed was good.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.